TITLE: CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer; collaborates with the President and Chief Operating Officer
JOB LOCATION: TBD
Part-Time; 10 – 20 hours per week
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Moderate travel will be required to fulfill this role.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: As the Foundation’s Chief Medical Officer you will have all the responsibilities and authority customarily attendant to such a position including, but not limited to, the following:
Work closely with the Chairman and CEO and President and COO to carry out the mission and objectives of the Foundation as approved by the Board of Directors, and as outlined in its business plan
- Serves as primary medical consultant to, and monitors protocols of, the PFF patient registry and care center network; including assisting in creation of data collection standards, committee development, and project management.
- Serves as a lead spokesperson regarding medical/disease management matters. Provides leadership and review of medical content and patient communications:
- Lead resource to staff in addressing patient, caregiver, and medical inquiries
- Contributes articles and editorial guidance to Foundation’s Breathe Bulletin and other publications and communication vehicles
- Provides expertise and collaborates in obtaining funding from external sources as well as supporting grant writing initiatives for patient services and medical affairs initiatives
- Collaborates with the Foundation’s Board of Directors and serves as member of the Medical Advisory Board
- Serves as a member of the PFF Senior Management Team; assists in the development and implementation of medical and patient-related plans and budgets for the Foundation.
- Assists in developing priorities, new initiatives, and enhance existing programs to further the mission and objectives of the Foundation
- Maintains continued medical education and experience in IPF
- All other duties as assigned
In connection with these Duties, you will work closely with the Foundation staff and Board to ensure initiatives meet the goals and objectives of the Foundation as outlined in its strategic plan.
- Medical Degree with current licensure additional training in Pulmonary Medicine with demonstrated expertise in interstitial lung diseases
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in clinical and/or basic research including staff supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; written and verbal
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: Interested applicants should submit a CV and a one paragraph description as to why they are interested in fulfilling the role of Chief Medical Officer with the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation. Applications should be sent to Rich Lehr, President RGL and Associates, firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1, 2013.
Evaluation and selection of the CMO will be performed by the Medical Advisory Board Executive Committee and Foundation staff.